Sunday, January 30, 2011

Victory Confession:

Victory Confession:

I survived the FIRST year of motherhood!

My sweet angel turned ONE yesterday and I am just blown away at home fast time has flown! I'm even more blown away that I survived this first year alive and completely intact. I've had such wonderful experiences this past year that have taught me so much about how to be a better mother.  The greatest source of where my betterment has come from I owe to a loving Heavenly Father who has guided me in this world of parenting and given me to tools to do so. 

I also owe my gratitude to my fellow mothers who have given there support and advice during this new journey.  As I've opened up about my struggles and triumphs as a new mother I've been overwhelmed at the amount of support I've received from you.  We are all in this together.  Whether your a mother or not..or even about to be.  We've all experienced feelings of inadequacy sometime in our life. You all know that I've experienced those things and I feel that it is NOTHING to be ashamed of!  I am doing so much better, but I still have my down days every once in awhile.  

We all need to remember that motherhood is such a beautiful thing.  Our bodies were created so we could bring new life into this world and what a precious gift that is!  I hope you can all find comfort in that fact.  You were made to do this.  Whether you one...three...or a whole bundle of kids you have the ability to be great mother and you are.

Happy Mothering!

No comments:

Post a Comment